PLACED supported LDA Design and other partners to create a masterplan for Lache. Cheshire West and Chester Council commissioned the masterplan, to set a vision for the area to make sure the council is well placed to find funding for future improvements and actions.
During October and November 2021, we worked with communities and stakeholders to hear their views and make sure the masterplan reflects local needs and aspirations. This involved several engagement events and activities, including:
- a pop-up event on Cliveden Road
- a design workshop at the community centre
- a drop-in event at the community centre
- an online survey
- project worksheets and model making with Lache Primary, St Clare’s Primary and Lache Youth Café
- one-to-one conversations with Schools, Health Centre, Lache Library, St Marks Church and other stakeholders
These engagement events and activities shaped the draft masterplan, shared at a public event in February 2022.