We’re excited to announce applications are OPEN for the PLACED Academy 2023-24 programme! Starting with a 4-day summer school in late July, the programme consists of monthly sessions that are packed full of creative and skills-building workshops. The programme will run from July 2023 until April 2024 and is totally FREE! Apply now!
The PLACED Academy will support youth voice and citizenship, enabling designers and decision-makers to engage with a group of typically underrepresented people. Participants can expect to develop their skills and knowledge of the built environment as they take part in creative design and skills workshops. Participants will also have the chance to be involved in LIVE projects with industry professionals and meet people in the sector.
“I have really been enjoying the PLACED Academy. I have learnt so much and met lots of great people. I feel more confident about careers in the built environment.”– 2022/23 PLACED Academy Participant
The programme will combine in-person and digital delivery and will include the following:
- Launch event to meet the team and introduce the programme
- Summer school: an intensive 4 day programme, where participants will work on creative design projects and be introduced to planning, regeneration and architecture
- Design workshops: monthly design sessions through creative workshops
- Skills sessions: monthly evening sessions to develop skills and knowledge of the built environment
- Graduation event: a celebration of participant’s progress and success on the programme
Link HERE to apply!
“The opportunities PLACED offers are truly brilliant!”– PLACED Academy Alumni Member
We’re so excited to be able to welcome another cohort of participants, we’re looking forward to seeing who joins us and how brilliant they will be!